Friday, March 16, 2012

Guest Bedroom Stripes

While I haven't been cooking much lately I have been extremely busy! David and I are really getting to work on updating his house and the first full room we tackled was the guest bedroom. The guest bedroom is tiny but has a lot of charm with a sloped ceiling and beautiful hardwood floors. I spent some time on pintrest and found a blue and white striped room and decided I had to try it. David wasn't completely sure but agreed to let me have a little fun. We decided to only paint 2 of the 4 walls since the room was small and we didn't want to overwhelm it. Below is the transformation:

Guest Bedroom Preparing to Paint

Painting the Edges
We totally thought that this room was almost white it would be easy to paint over it. Well 3-4 coats of paint later we learned how difficult painting a room white could be. We also learned having two perfectionists paint a room leads to a lot more painting :)

The Room is Finally White!


Since the room has a slight slant in the ceiling we decided to start the stripe at the top of the lowest wall. This left about 11.5" at the top of the taller wall. So, we decided to go with 11.5" stripes for the wall. We used a yard stick and level to mark all the stripes....yes a laser level would have made this project much easier!

Removing the Tape

We Love our Stripes!
We are still working on furnishing the room but we did get a bed in. David is also replacing the window with the old window unit in it so that wall will look much better soon!

The Closet With the Matching Blue Shelf

Starting to Move the Furniture in
I am working on painting an old bedside table to match the room. I am also getting a dresser that is currently in my parents storage unit and a few other items to finish the room. Hopefully I will have a completely finished room soon! More pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment