Monday, November 28, 2011

Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta

After one too many unhealthy dinners I have decided it is time to start cooking again. David and I had been doing a great job cooking delicious healthy meals over the summer but with the cold weather our healthy eating habits took a hit. So, I decided to get us back on track with a favorite recipe that I got from my Aunt Robin, roasted tomatoes with shrimp and feta. It is super easy and super delicous. Below is the recipe:

Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta


Ingredients:
- 5 large tomatoes cut into eigths (I used grape tomatoes)
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, pelled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 cup feta crumbled

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place tomatoes in a large baking dish. Spook the olive oil and garlic over the tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss.

3. Place on top rack of oven and roast for 20 minutes.
4. Remove baking dish from oven and stir in shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with feta.

Getting ready to cook the shrimp
5. Place back in oven for another 10-15 minutes or until shrimp are cooked.

Shrimp cooked for 10 minutes...beautiful pink color
6. Serve with warm crusty bread.



I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. For the two of us we had a huge dinner and two more lunches afterwards so this dish goes a long way!

2 comments:

  1. Holly! I love the blog! I'm going to definitely try this recipe! I wonder if it might work with some kind of white fish instead of the shrimp as well? I'll be reading your blog for more fun ideas :)

    Love,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly, let me know how it turns out with fish. It is so easy that I would love to be able to adapt it into several recipes.

    ReplyDelete