Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Tree Decorating

One of my most favorite days of the year is here, Christmas tree decorating day! This year I bought my own frasier fur christmas tree for my apartment and got to decorate a second tree with my family! I also had a big ugly sweater party at my apartment which made it a very busy weekend but a great start to the holiday season. 

 Now, there are no Christmas tree farms in Arlington and we didn’t have the time to drive out to the country to cut one down so David and I settled on a buying a live tree from the nursery down the street.

 
So many tress to choose from....


David with our tree!

Yep, we fit an 8' tree in my prius

Getting the Christmas tree in the car was easier than we thought and once inside the house I even taught David how to put the lights on. In my family putting the lights on correctly is a big deal so now that David is trained he will have to help every year.

Christmas tree with lights on
Decorating the tree is my favorite part. I don’t have as many ornaments as my parents but I am lucky enough that they have donated me ornaments from my childhood and my grandmother has also given me great ornaments over the years. I love taking out the ornaments and thinking of who gave them to me and why they are so special. It was extra special to decorate the tree with David and tell him about all my family stories and traditions.
Some of  my ornaments


Our tree all decorated

I already have most of my presents wrapped as well so those will soon be underneath the tree and waiting for Christmas morning. Once the tree was decorated it was time for the ugly sweater party. Here are some embarassing pictures for your enjoyment!


David and I with our matching ugly sweatshirts

My roommate Kevin and some of his friends (including Grace)

My great friends that came for the party!

David decided Grace needed to wear his ugly sweater for a little bit

I absolutely love the weeks leading up to Christmas. They are some of the happiest times of the year for me. I hope you and your family have a very merry holiday season and enjoy the fresh smell of your Christmas tree everday!

No comments:

Post a Comment