Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My new camera!

My new camera came a few weeks ago and I have been having so much fun with it! I am definitely not a photographer but I have always loved taking pictures, scrapbooking, and recording my adventures. When my new camera shipped I started looking for my old camera bag. When I found the camera bag there were 3 other cameras inside! I knew I loved cameras but I don't think I realized how many I had accumulated over the years. So you don't think I am crazy, below are my cameras and the reasoning behind each one.

My first camera was a Nikon D90. My parents gave it to me for my 16th birthday (although neither of them seem to recall this) and it was my first really nice camera. The fact that it was a film camera really dates me but nevertheless this camera provided me with tons of amazing pictures.


My Nikon D90

My next camera was another birthday gift from my parents. It was a Minolta digital camera and to this day still takes great pictures. It is only 2.4 mega pixels but I still swear by this camera for some of my best pictures.


My Minolta

After having my awesome Minolta digital camera the only reason to buy another camera was for additional features so I bought the Olympus Stylus 850SW. This camera was purchased due to its water proof features and ability to take underwater video.

My Olympus 850SW

Most recently I bought the kodak easyshare camera. Since I had used my Olympus waterproof camera for several years it was time to replace the waterproof seals. However, I had another vacation coming up and finding someone to replace the seals for a good price was proving difficult. Therefore, I bought the waterproof kodak easyshare. Not the most amazing camera but for a vacation in Mexico it did the trick.


Kodak EasyShare Sport

And now I have my new baby. I am still trying to learn all the new features and have a lot to learn myself about composition and lighting but this is a good starting place. My Dad was previously a professional photographer so I am hoping he can give me some good tips!


My new Nikon D3000

Hopefully I will be showcasing my increased skills in blog posts to come! Any photography tips are welcome as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment