Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies

One of my favorite desserts to make is the basic chocolate chip cookie. I follow the Nestle Toll House recipe with just a few tweaks to make it my own. Hope you enjoy!


Ingredients:
2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar (dark)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
12 oz pkg Nestle Toll House Semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.


3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.



4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels.



5. Bake in oven 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.




To make my chocolate chip cookies my own I make sure to use dark brown sugar instead of regular. I also really pack the brown sugar. Lastly, I make sure to take the cookies out the second they start browning or a minute before. It makes them crispy on the outside but still gooey on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment